Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dortmund : Germany Part 1

Aha, Finally made it to a wifi spot,



I dont have long to write so I'm going to blast through this blog post. Most of it is video and a lot of it is pictures. I've been in Germany for I think 4 days now ? Its Tuesday at 9:21am right now and this weekend was the massive rave "Syndicate". Absolutely amazing event. Some floor smashing DJ's and some very amazing performances. Quick over view on Germany so far first though.




I'm staying in Dortmund which is not really a tourist location. The language barrier is VERY appearant here. however aside from that, it is a beautiful city. I have been bouncing frrom hostel to hostel since being here. I am currently staying in a local hostel for 28 euro's a night, I was staying in a hotel for 2 nights. There was no shower in this hotel... The power in my room didn't work and the front desk clerk is about 100 years old (looks like he's going to die). LOL, But all is well, Once I hit poland (OCT 6th) I'll have a friends house to stay at as well as food and shelter.

Germany seems to be a place where people are always ok and apt for having a beer at a resteraunt or pub. Yesterday was Monday and at ALL times of the day there were a wide assortment of people enjoying a beer &/or bratwurst somewhere along the main or side streets. I found it quite funny that they have a trio of swing sets in the middle of downtown for children to play lol!


Aside from that, there was an ballet/acrobatics routine in the mainstreat for most of the day, this lady was amazing, and apperantly from Canada!?



Here's a pic of the hostel I stayed at


And heres a pic of the hotel I stayed at


The hotel wasn't so bad aside from the not having a shower part.. After coming back from the massive rave Syndicate, sweating a serious amount ALL NIGHT then not being able to shower for 2 more days afterwords.. Well to say the least.... I felt DIRTEEEEEEEEEEEH lol




 I AM AT HOME HERE! THEY SERVE FRIES WITH MAYO

I also got the pleasure of trying something on my bucket list... Many of you may know it from the hit tv series "The simpson" anyways, this epic treat is sold at few McDonalds locations....But I found it here. . . . . =)

THE MC RIB


YUMMMMYYY

& you can call me immature... but lol I took a picture of this sign because well... It reminds me an english translation lmao....



LOL
Excuse the randomness of this post. I've had to fill so much time lost not blogging that its comoe out in a big jumble of pictures and phrases. I'll have more organized posts once I hit Poland!

Cheers All from Europe!

ps. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN MY SYNDICATE PROMO VIDEO YET.
CHECK IT OUT ^_^




1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love the acrobat in the street, thats so cool. Loving your pictures.

    ReplyDelete