Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Scotlnad, My short and Sweet Visit!

Hello all!

I just arrived in Finland so I decided I should go over my
sweet and short visit in Scotland before I go any further.

It was a hard goodbye with Tanysha, but we made it through and
it was a wonderful time spent with her and her family. Thanks
so much <3 ! . . . Unfortunately we woke up late and missed my
first flight to Edinburgh thus; having to fly to glazcowe.





I arrived in Scotland/ 2 days ago (the 17th of Oct) and
immediately I was relieved having many speak English just like
Ireland. I arrived at the glazcowe airport via ryan air and
took a train from there to the main city of Edinburgh. I soon
learned that Scotland was part of the UK and almost instantly
after getting on and off the train I could definitely tell.
Even though I had never been to London or anywhere specifically
in the UK yet. From what I had seen of pictures, Edinburgh
looked almost identical to a downtown city of England/London. I
marvelled at the unique architecture that surrounded me in the
Edinburgh train station. It made me feel like I was dated back
to the early 50's or 60's. Peeling paint, metal bars and
structures holding up what seemed to be windows and glass that
was ready to shatter at any moment. Although I knew it wouldn’t
you could definitely feel the warm atmosphere and history
Scotland in these transportation terminals. One thing
important thing I learned while trying to exchange money in
Scotland was; coins are not accepted from anywhere, only
bills. This was great for my MEGA bag of Polish Dollars.







I left the train station while lugging my suitcase and laptop
like a zombie but was instantly rejuvenated when I saw the
beautiful sites and structures Scotland had to offer. Old
buildings like you would see in movies, cobble stone and
castles on the rocky green hills surrounding me. At second
glance, to my right I saw store after store after store filled
with designer clothing, electronics, Currency exchange
facilities and other normalities amongst Foreign European
countries I'd visited. I was floored. Another very cool couple
tid bits was the right hand driving and the constant view of
double decker bus's driving by. I didn't see one normal bus
while in Edinburgh, it was very cool.

























 Anyways, off I went, snapping pictures and asking many
different people for directions to my supposed hostel (which I
had booked online the day before). I found the people in
Scotland to be VERY helpful. It seemed many of them were just
in a really good mood and/or happy to help the MASS amounts of
tourists.


I arrived at the hostel after almost throwing in the towel and
used my last 10 pounds to book the rest of the payment on the
room. The hostel was a=of the absolutely best I had stayed at
while being in Europe. I thought Jopi hostel was great in
Poland but I was surely mistaken once I entered this one. When
entering the main lobby I was overtaken by the sound of
oldskool reggae music and laughter from people who all seemed
to be my age. There was a bar in the common area, as well as a
pool table, free laptops to use, free computers to use, a giant
chess board a big screen TV and leather couches. A lot to
handle I KNOW. Aside from that, WiFi was free (unlike hostel in
Germany) and there were many tables and OUTLETS to plug my
computer into while sitting and enjoying a tea.










 ONE MORE THING. For anyone travelling with a European plug
REMEMBER to get a UK plug for Scotland. Their plugs aren’t the
same and it burned me a whopping 17.00 pounds!

I lived on McDonalds in Scotland lol...
Spent most  of my time snapping pictures and sitting on
Facebook. I also got to producing a new track and repacking my
bag very nicely. I was set in a 20 bed room, so it was quite
full. The room was CO-ED and it smelt of old paint or mildew.
However I enjoyed it. This hostel was great.


 I pulled an all nighter the day before my flight here to
Finland and I am currently writing this with 1 hours sleep
(slept on the plane). I feel like poop but Tuomas (My friend in
Finland) and his girlfriend Lila are currently cooking me a
traditional Finnish Dish.

I'll have another blog post for ya'll very soon yes :)




RANDOM PICTURES:



 Cool Street performer!

Cheers!

CK

4 comments:

  1. OMG you have some WICKED pictures in this post!!! I love the paintings on the wall in the hostel! And the castles are like WOW!!! I think this is my favorite place you've visited so far. Awesome.

    I cant' wait for you to get back because I want the full size of some of these pics to print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics... Scotland looks grey just like in my memories ;) Your interesting spelling of Glasgow makes it look like it is in Poland or Czech, lol. I'm sure I never mentioned this before, but I lived there (Glasgow) when I was young. Great post curtis... thanks for sharing those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics Curtis and great writing too. My husband David's family is from Scotland and they are some of the nicest people I know! Have a wonderful time! Terry (your mom's girlfriend)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Chris I knew someone would say something about the way he spelled Glasgow heehee.

    ReplyDelete