Saturday, October 16, 2010

My first days in Ireland, Awesome here!

Hello All!

I just got off the phone with my mom and I couldnt help but feel the excitement of her voice in anticipation for my first Ireland blog post, so without further adue....Here we go!



I arrived in Ireland on the night of Tuesday the 12th via Ryan Air. I have to say in comparison to WizzAir, RyanAir was absolutely phenomonal. Their staff were great and the prices on their products were alot cheaper in comparison. When I first arrived in Ireland it was dark (because it was 9:55pm) but I still felt the warmth of my home town language : English. It was refreshing to be able to talk to people without having to wave my hands in the air or practise  some sort of poorly coordinated sign language. In Ireland their main language is English, while many others speak both Gaelic and English. Gaelic is a keltic language similiar to that of Galic which is spoken in Scotland. ( Thanks for the facts Tanysha =D )

 Dublin Airport


I was staying with my friend Tanysha in Calgary who I had originally met in Calgary about 4 months ago. We met very randomly through another friend and too my surprise her flight wsa the next day. We never had much time to socialize or get to know eachother, however we made a connection online and what do ya know? Im staying with her and her family right now =). So first things first, we met at the airport and she brought along two of her Irish guy friends who caught me instantly by surprise with their amazing irish accents. I have to say even though Im a guy, I thought it was absolutely enthralling to hear men speak with an Irish accent, as well as women of course :p. Anyways, having just arrived in Ireland we thought we must engage in a customary tradition of new comers to Ireland. Getting my first REAL Pint O' Guiness. We drove down a series of VERY twisty roads to get to the city where Tanysha lived in "Malahyde", once we arrived, to the pub we went. IT seems the beer here is just magnificent. Fresh. Amazing. People were overjoyed to relax and have a pint i loved it, reminded me a lot of Germany in the sense of the amount of people drinking to socialize and not get "TANKED" <------------- Like people in Calgary. Jerks lol...



Tanysha's friends entertained Tanysha and I with some hilarious stories of their lives living in Ireland, they also taught us some terms that I would have probably never caught onto if I wasn't told:

Traffic Circles = Round-Abouts
Travellers/Gypsies = Immigrants from Eastern Europe
( THERE'S SO MANY MORE I CANT REMEMBER ARRRGGGGGG)




Anyways, very funny regardless :). Tanysha's friends dropped us off at her house and her and I dropped all my things and decided to catch up on things since well, the last time we saw eachother in Calgary. 4 hours passed and it was now 4am... We had better go to sleep considering she had school in the morning !
When I awoke she had already left and I was alone in the house with her younger brother (10 yrs old) and her mom. I meandered downstairs and introduced myself. To my surprise they were absolutely amazing people. Accomidating and very kind. I thanked them perfusely for having me stay their home and have still since been pitching in at any given moment. I love meeting people like myself, willing to give their home for a few days regardless of money/time etc.. Life is about networking and meeting people, enjoying life and living the way YOU want to live. I was impressed, we were 20 steps from ocean. Like seriously, out Tanysha's front window all you can see is oceanand a privately owned island in the distance.



Some new thngs here:

*Double Decker bus's (I've ridden them now FINALLY)


Footage from bus ride :)



*Palm tree's (Crazyy!)



*Right hand drive (All cars are here, in other places I was they were left handed drive)
*There is flat rate's every where you go on the bus, (different prices depending where you go... NO transfers like in Canada)

I went to town and bought some souvieners as well as took pictures and ate food.
Yes you can laugh, I've hit a mcdonalds in every country i've been in SO WHAT. lol <3 !




Tanysha and I went too town after school yesterday and got some PRIME pics of the deep downtown of Dublin and some of a watch tower in Malahyde. 










 This is a famous bar from something like the 1700's

 Random Street band, Actually really impressive!


 Uhmm.... Wtf. lmao


yes... THE DUBLIN CASTLE!!



 VIDEO







 Cheers all from Ireland All!

Here is some other random pictures I've taken so far, Maybe some will give ya a laugh :)







Went to the bar last night! Check the pics!!
Also went to Grafton street and saw some life performances and other artistic things =)







































1 comment:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! I've been waiting for this post! So hey....what do they show at the Leprechaun museum?? Leprechauns??

    Curtis there are some amazing photos in this post, I may want to steal some. I'm so glad you made it there and got to spend some time with a friend from here. Looks like you had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete