Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Heart of Poland & The True Meaning of GLOBAL HARDCORE!

Hello All,

Good to finally be back to a steady internet connection. At the current moment I am staying with online friend and label manage Acolyte. He prefers I dont call him a label manager (very bashful) however, in essence, thats exactly what he is. He runs our weblabel "Atrum-Artifex" which has been responsible for releasing 2 EP's of my finished hardcore and darkcore work. ANYWAYS, enough of that non sense. I met acolyte on a web forum (http://www.globalhardcore.net) about a year back. After him signing my track we became great web friends and at the chance of me coming to europe he jumped on the idea of having me come stay with him in Poland. I was ecstatic to accept his hospitality and that is exactly how the rest of my weekend has went staying with my friend Acolyte.

First off. Before continuing. This post may be a little bit more vulgar for some, if you are easily offended by language then do not watch the video below:




FINISHED PRODUCT!






This video is the first video I took after stepping into Acolyte's house (while making breakfast). We had to take a bus from Katowice to get here. The bus was about 40 minutes long and cost 8 PL, in comparison to canadian money thats about 2 dollars. Here the money is VERY bad, 200 canadian will get you about 650$ PL. Very crazy! A lot of it stems from the bad economy and the past wars that have been inflicting up on Poland. Acolyte told me some stories about how just 20 years ago Poland became an independent money. He also told me why the demenanor in Poland is so much more aggressive, unfriendly etc.. Appearantly during WW2, Germans and other insergents came into the country and began killing polish people if they did not sell out their friends. This mindset has stayed fresh in the minds of many polish people, there trust factors and outlook on other countries is  verty distorted and this attests for some of the vibes I felt first stepping into Poland.

Aside from that, he says some other places in poland are very nice, but that i had stepped into an older and more war torn part that had been attacked twice by other combatting forces at those times. Regardless I was just happy to fnally be with my friend :) Who as I said was VERY accomodating.

Here are some pictures of the bus ride down as well as the neighboorhood that I was staying in (while at Acolytes apartment/house.









I was quite surprised to be honest when I first met acolyte and saw where he lived. I had imagined a crazy studio and massive house and all these things but after arriving I realized that he was normal just like myself and we could relate on a different level unlike most. Its amazing how much a genre of music can bring people together EVEN from thousends and thousends of miles away. Acolyte had a great amount of plans for me this weekend and I wasnt sure if I was ready but we went hard and woke up the next morning to do it all over again. The experience has been absolutely amazing.

Pictures of acolyte's house






Our first task (the night I arrived to Acolytes) we went to a local party in Katowice (one bus away)... Well at least we thought it was a party! We arrived at the house and after walking in I immediately had a personal laugh at the "party" we had attended! It consisted of about 6 people, about 4 guys and 2 girls. They were all students from the art school and were heavy into photography, music and the creative arts. I enjoyed the presence because of their passion for arts (as like me) however I found the language barrier to be quite annoying and to be honest almost dis-heartning, it seemed they couldnt undestand a word and to have acolyte translate each thing was just not worth it. I looked at our  bottle of Vanilla and mint vodka and had a few celebrational shots with acolyte because YES... i had made it ALL THE WAY FROM CANADA. We were actually together, it was overjoying! I was almost in tears, my dream was playing itself just as I had imagined.

After quite a few drinks, and ciggarettes.... We ventured to a burger hut. ITs open 24 hours and serves burger 4 times as big as a big mac for 6 Polish dollars... (basically 1.50 canadian) we bought one and shared it... As you can see LMAO


I hadn't much ellaborated yet on the people at the party, but the owner of the house and his friend were definately two that needed ABSOLUTELY no introduction (Watch this video for a laugh):



Yes.... I dont have to explain much.
.......Lets just move along now.... Im sure yyour all distrubed enough haha.

The next day (saturday) we spent 90 percent of the day producing music and the other 10 at his girlfriends house have specially prepared dishes of polish food from her parents. I found it quite awkward having them also NOT speak english, but it was a very nice jesture having them make me there special "bean spoup". We spent the day there, i sat quiet for most of the time, they awed at my tattoo's and piercings and we related with music and youtube videos but slim to no words. I made best friends with the dog, and he kept me company the entire time <3




Little did I know, this day of silence and tranquility would soon come to an end muhahahaha. Acolyte had made a wonderful plan for us to attend a dubstep massive. And was it ever amazing. We met some friends along the way and shot a promo video especially for all of you back home: TAKE A LOOK ! :)



The admission was 15 polish dollars each, the age restriction was 18+ however they didnt make any of us show our id's this was great considering his girlfriend was under age. Regardless a great time. I was surprised to see some of the EXACT same types of people attending the  dubstep party in poland as in Canada. People wabbled, flailed and let their body loose. The passion here seemed to always over ride those of Canada, I love it . It excited me.

Here are some pictures !
















After the party had ended, we were both exhausted... We got a ride home at 5am from his dad and hit the sack HARD when arriving home... BUT before going to sleep, we though.. Why not have a polish... Midnight snack? Acolyte returned with a tub of maynoaise and raw sausage and bread. So god damn satisfying...


LOL

The next day (yesterday/Sunda) we spent the entire day working on music and came out with our first duo track. We named it No alcoholics because we had used a sample from an 80's dating video on youtube that quoted that phrase hehe. Here's the promo track Take a listen ^_^

NitrisOxxide vs. The Acolyte - No Alcoholics by NitrisOxxide



We indulged in some amazing food and absolutely great times together. I have yet to thank his parents perfusly for letting me stay here but it will come in time. Overall poland is still what I had thought originally but after attending the dubstep party I might just give it 2 gold stars :p

Cheers all ! I'm off to Ireland tomorrow to stay with my good friend Tanysha & her family! I'll have more blog posts after we go soul searching there! Talk soon all ! Keep the good vibes comin!

CK 

1 comment:

  1. Another fun and great post Curtis. Some of that food looked great and the DUBSTEP PARTY!!! That's one thing I totally would have done with you.

    Hope you had a safe flight to Ireland and will talk soon!

    ReplyDelete